Move through this material at the pace that allow you to absorb the key lessons, put them into practice and improve your consistency. Some options:
- Take 1 lesson a week. At this rate you can go through the entire sequence in 3 months.
- Skim, then settle into the specific lessons that you want to learn more about.
- Use as a reference. Keep these handy so you can refer to them based on situations you face.
Introduction to Change Leadership
Change Leadership Basics
- Why Change Leadership is the most important skill of the 21st Century - change leadership is a set of skills that traditionally has been thought of (and taught) as separate disciplines. Learning and leveraging these skills together is the only way to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Defining Change Leadership - Change leadership is a way of seeing, working, mobilizing and navigating. How change leadership skills enable these new ways of driving intentional beneficial change.
Change Leadership Mindset
- Change Leadership Mindset: Contentment - Counterintuitive reasons why contentment is key to success.
- Change Leadership Mindset: The Open Palm - Driving change incurs risk; learning when to persist vs when to pivot, and being able to pivot gracefully from one chapter to the next.
- Change Leadership Mindset: Life as a Tapestry - Embracing the multi-threaded nature of life is especially vital for change leaders who must often juggle responsibilities for today's operations, while designing and building the capabilities of tomorrow.
Activating Change Leadership
It's useful to think of change leadership as a set of skills that need to be activated on 3 levels: Personal, Organizational, and Macro.
Activating Change Leadership on a Personal Level
- Making Time - Leading change takes extra time - here's a proven way to maximize what you can do with your available time.
- Layers of Work - Instead of seeing life as a futile quest for focus time, Layers gives you a proven way to orchestrate your focus more effectively.
- 5 Building Blocks for Good Planning Habits - how to build daily, weekly, and monthly planning habits that take you toward your goals.
Activating Change Leadership at the Organizational Level
- Know Talent vs Go Talent - harnessing the 2 kinds of talent needed to successfully drive change.
- Resolving Conflict - a framework of 6 proven ways to resolve most conflicts.
Activating Change Leadership at the Industry or Macro Level
- 4 Phases of Risk & Reward for Emerging Tech - Effective change leaders understand (and leverage) the 4 phase process of how the New becomes acceptable over time.
- Implementation Paths and the Evolution of Governance - Governance (the way nations and industries implement and enforce policies) is evolving. This evolution gives change leaders new options.
- The Upside of Wicked Problems - The 21st century has an epidemic of "wicked problems." What approaches offer the best chances of resolving or containing them?